1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doyel looks up hate-mail authors and posts personal facts in reply column

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Beer_Baron, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not funny at all.
    And, frankly, somebody at CBS should be fired for this.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Someone tell me.... how does he know how to track these people down?

Second, THIS is hate mail?

I'm not sure how Art Schlichter made the list of three murderers and then a gambler. Is he that infamous? A Buckeye fan.

Doyel might get himself shot.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I agree with Lyman. It's like you are reading the ramblings of a guy about to blow.

Makes me wonder if he really was/is a respected journalist in some quarters.

Maybe it's his schtick. If it is, it plays about as well as Tom Green's "talent."

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

THIS is hate mail?

Instead of picking on the Bengals for a loss, why don't you compliment Marvin Lewis for doing what other coaches don't do -- suspend a player on his own without the NFL stepping in?

Who is this asshole's supervisor, Stanke?

5. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Ditto.

6. Gold

Gold Active Member

Where was the editor at CBS Sportsline who was supposed to say "Gregg, this is completely over the line and you can't do this. We consider ourselves a big-time operation and you are supposed to act like a big timer. Don't do this."

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Anyone know this guy's supervisor?

Doyel should be suspended... at the very least.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

He takes a shot at a woman who's a nurse, midwife and lactation consultant.

A lactation consultant is a medical professional panicky new moms turn to when they're scared their infant isn't getting enough to eat. It's an extremely noble profession.

What the hell is the matter with this guy ???

9. Mark Swanson..... and as I said in the "thebiglead" interview, the guy didn't have a concrete plan. they're just throwing $h*t on the wall and seeing what sticks....i like some of doyel's writings but this was in poor taste. it's like a guy holding up a "drew bledsoe gay?" sign in a pressbox.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Are we 100 percent sure that these weren't written in jest? Not saying they're funny, but are we sure he's serious?

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Jase... I don't think that question mark was reported.

That changes everything.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Man.... why would CBS want it to "appear" he was beating down Jane Q. Lactation consultant?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.