1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Downton Abbey

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jan 15, 2012.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So, is everyone up to date?

Spoiler below if you're not

So, now that Sybil's died, what happens to Thomas? Does he get shunted out of Downton or does he become a chauffeur again?

And can someone kill Mrs. O'Brien. Please.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

O'Brien is fun to watch at least. The sooner Tom the Chauffeur disappears the happier I'll be. Haven't liked him since the first episode. He's just angry and earnest.

I am getting tired of Mr. Bates doing "Les Miserables" though. Get him out and bring him home!

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The Bates stuff was my least favorite part of season three. It dragged so much.

4. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Have been expecting Bates to get shivved or otherwise offed while in the slammer, but I'm thinking this latest plot turn makes another tragic demise way less likely. But they do need to get him out of there -- or focus on him as a spinoff that in stir that becomes a prequel to "Shawshank."

Assuming there's something "untoward" coming with Thomas and the pretty-boy recent hire, so even a cash-strapped Downton will have an opening for Bates again. Or maybe Moseley can't help himself and runs off with hooker-turned-cooker Ethel.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I was just asked over the weekend:
    Q: Have you heard of this show?
    A: Yes, I have.
    Q: Why aren't we watching it?
    A: I'm not stopping you from watching it. If you want to watch it, watch it.

6. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

The wife is crying.

According to social media, she's not the only one.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

The most dangerous thing to do at Downton Abbey is have a baby. Ethyl, Sibyl, Matthew .... it never ends well.

This also reopens the question of the family's future since the women still can't inherit if I understand correctly.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This was the one spoiler I knew about this season. :(

9. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

They telegraphed it so much throughout that episode. I was surprised how little I cared when it happened. Sybil's death hit me way harder.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You sure don't want to have a baby on this show.

11. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted