1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Downton Abbey

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Polish? Kamal Pamuk. Not Pamukski.

2. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Loved that scene. :)

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

"Don't be defeatist, dear. It's very middle class." How can you not love this show? :D

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Well?!?

I thought it was great. Much more controlled story lines than season 2. Off to a good start, yes?

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm a little behind, but loving it so far. And here's hoping Thomas gets his comeuppance. :)

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The Dowager did not disappoint. And Shirley McLaine was great. I was surprised (but not disappointed) that they didn't show more of the wedding. So glad it's back.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

They definitely dialed it back (some) in season 3 and I enjoyed it much more than season 2. I'll avoid giving spoilers, though, as you all go through the season.

8. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

"I shant wish to leave Downton Abbey."

- Every character ever

The wife adores this show. She is walking around right now saying, "My hubby would never do what Matthew just did!"

I am not sure what is happening. I usually just pop in to make remarks asking whether Downton Abbey is the shopping street in Harry Potter.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

So glad it's back. Watched the first hour online a few months back, but still enjoyed it. The Dowager's face when Shirley MacLain wakes her with her serenade? Priceless.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My wife had some friends over to watch it last night, and during the trailer for upcoming season, one of them said. "Why are so many people crying? I don't like this at all." I thought that was funny.

I also joked with them that I heard DA was selling out this season and introducing vampires into the plot.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

*** episode 1 spoiler ****

I agree with what Matthew did! How can he take Swire money and use it to live high on the hog?!

I adore Matthew!

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Me too. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted