1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Downstairs neighbors, is it my business?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by G-Spot, Jun 27, 2007.

1. G-Spot

G-Spot Member

I live in fairly free-spirited, easy-going part of town. My apartment complex tenants reflect that. I've met, hung out with, drank beer with, talked to and generally know my neighbors downstairs. I haven't seen them in a few weeks, not sure why, but I haven't.

Anyway, today after work I hear quite a commotion and a few distinct expletives coming from downstairs. A door slam and then a yelling tirade of epic proportions following by the unmistakable sound of a metal pan hitting something and then wobbling to a stop on the floor (think hubcap).

It's an engaged couple, they seem generally happy. I heard nothing to indicate any sort of violence or crime being committed downstairs (crying, screaming, gunshot) but there have been about three bouts of quick shouting matches (30 secs) over the course of the evening. Then it's a random thud or something sounding like drilling.

I went out earlier to get something to eat and as I was walking upstairs I noticed a shop-vac and some water on the hardwoods in the den.

Mind my own damn business? Go see if the door is still open, ask nicely if everything is okay/

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Mind your own damn business for now. You might check on them tomorrow if there's reason to.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You might want to listen for screams or gunfire, however...

4. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

You can always wait a few weeks to see if anything starts to smell.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You never know, you might get lucky like HE WHO SHALL NOT BE MENTIONED.

6. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

"And I am reminded, on this holy day, of the sad story of Kitty Genovese. As you all may remember, a long time ago, almost thirty years ago, this poor soul cried out for help time and time again, but no person answered her calls. Though many saw, no one so much as called the police. They all just watched as Kitty was being stabbed to death in broad daylight. They watched as her assailant walked away. Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is THE INDIFFERENCE OF GOOD MEN."

— Boondock Saints

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Now that my friends is how to follow up a quality post with another quality post. Good work.

And for what it's worth, I'd wait to ask.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Mind your own goddamn business. If they want you involved, they'll fire the gun up through your floor.

9. boots

boots New Member

I second that vote. Some people sound like they are arguing when they are talking.

10. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Check Wikipedia and see if they're dead yet.

Then wait a couple of days for the fuzz to confirm it.

11. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Did the woman start singing..... "My name is Luka, I live on the second floor......"

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Those crazy Kramdens.

Draft saved Draft deleted