1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Downloading Music To A Mac

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

In the past, I've used Limewire Pro to download music to my PCs and loved it.

Now I own a Mac.

Which music-stealing, downloading, file-sharing program works best with or is most compatible with Macs?

Fire away!

2. rascalface

rascalface Member

iTunes.

Stop stealing.

3. Yeah, you thief!

If you don't want to use iTunes (where admittedly I have spent hundreds of dollars), I would recommend a web site like torrentscan.com, which lets you search several different torrent sites from one page. A great torrent downloader for the Mac is called Transmission, which is free and is not bogged down with a lot of features and ads like a lot of the Windows torrent clients. Transmission does its job fast without all the junk.

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Depending on what kind of music you're into, there are cheaper legal downloading sites than iTunes. If you're into a lot of indie-label stuff, eMusic gives you 30 songs a month for $9.99. If you're into really obscure indie stuff, Audio Lunchbox is even cheaper. For $9.99 there you can get about five full albums, or 50 individual songs, a month.

Or you can just download a torrent client like Tomato Torrent and have at it for free, RIAA be damned.

5. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

You can get Limewire for the Mac as well.

If you're buying songs, Amazon.com is the best bet right now. Totally un-DRM'd (no copy protection, unlike most of the crap you buy from Apple) and $0.99 per song.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I've always used Limewire, both on my PC and my Mac.

Sharing is caring! :D

7. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

That's my motto when it comes to tunes. Besides, I download classic rock. Those old fuckers have already made their coin!

Draft saved Draft deleted