1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Downloading movies/TV shows

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by fortyoz, Jun 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And what that he posted is only happening in his mind? People are downloading TV shows and movies all the time, MLB.tv broadcasts baseball games, someone mentioned downloading soccer games within hours. I'm confused as to what isn't happening.

2. dog428

dog428 Active Member

For Christ's sakes, you honestly don't get what I'm saying here?

3. sportsed

sportsed Guest

Being that downloading 22 episodes of anything and burning them onto DVDs is a time-consuming process, I found someone online and bought Season 2 of The Office for Mrs. POSE's birthday.

Now, if they'll actually get to me is another question altogether.

4. TheSportsPredictor

So far you have marveled at an apparent high number of high schoolers posting here, said point apparently prompted by someone who talked about downloading TV shows, movies, and sporting events from the Internet.

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Actually, said point was prompted by what is at least the third thread over the past few days started by someone who is quite obviously neither a sports journalist nor a high school graduate.

Over the past month, we've had no fewer than seven new members who have all been exactly like this one.

It has nothing to do with the subject of his post, like all the others, it's the way in which it's presented.

6. TheSportsPredictor

You obviously work in cable.

7. dog428

dog428 Active Member

You asked for an explanation, I gave it to you.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

ESPN has been streaming the World Cup games. It's convenient. I have a second computer near where I am working, and yesterday I had the Tunisia/Saudi and Poland/Germany games streaming on a computer screen off to the side, rather than having to head out to a TV set.

9. TheSportsPredictor

Guess what -- fortyoz ain't a high schooler.

10. TheSportsPredictor

Oh yea, and we all forgot when they put the entire first couple rounds of March Madness online LIVE!

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Fooled me.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I keep reading about all these free shows available for downloading legally?

Where are they?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.