1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Down with the sickness!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Mar 7, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Gatorade and Sunny Delight. One thing Boom is right about is vitamin C. This year's flu knocked me out for a week and I was still fighting the post-flu symptoms through last weekend (and as I said on the LiveSTRONG thread, I discovered new and interesting side effects of DayQuil/NyQuil :eek: :( ).

This year's flu: a bigger bitch than Lilith Sternin.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I've never had a flu shot, I don't take tylenol, advil, aspirin, cold medicine or anything of the like, and wouldn't you know it, I never get sick.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Sunny Delight can make you pregnant.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I just went back and read your post about the DayQuil/NyQuil, the latter of which has been keeping me semi-quiet at night.

The blood pressure thing....I completely believe it. Not kidding, I just told Boom, the slightest elevation in my heart rate is making me dizzy and gasping for breath....stairs, laughing, sex, I feel like I need oxygen. So no more stairs for me.

Scary stuff.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

21: Try CoricidinHBP; it's cold and flu medicine for people with high blood pressure and doesn't contain decongestant medication. There are store brand versions available.

I never had the problem, back when you could buy cold medicine with pseudoephedrine. Of course, that was before every trailer-park drug dealer knew how to easily turn Comtrex &C into methamphetamine. The newer decongestant — it's called phenylephrine — has a primary side effect of high blood pressure.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

i actually have slightly low blood pressure, as I am such a calm and low key person. ::) But I will look into that. Probably will just switch to Advil at this point...I really hate cold medicine in general. Never had anything like this...wiped my voice out completely, I sound like Brenda Vaccaro on crack.

Draft saved Draft deleted