1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Down with the sickness!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I'm pretty sick today, but I doubt it's anything more than a cold.

I always seem to get sick once the weather starts to turn. Go figure.

2. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Sorry to tell you, Tripp, but there's a class-action lawsuit pending against the makers of Airborne for false advertising, since apparently the product doesn't do a damn thing to prevent colds and/or viruses.

3. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Thanks to daycare, Baby Slydell, Mrs. Slydell and I are all giving a new big to each other!!! Fortunately, I'm not getting it as bad.

When does this shit stop? I mean month-wise, I know we'll be taking care of his sick but until he gets married.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I swear, I was going start an Official Flu thread today.

I don't recall ever being so sick. Went to the doctor this morning, he says it's an epidemic...and was not covered by the annual flu shot (which I didn't get anyway). I would have paid a million bucks for a positive strep test so I could get some meds for this mess...no such luck. Viral flu, no cure.

That is just so wrong.

Boom believes in megadoses of Vitamin C, but I've just been inhaling Advil. And Reese's Puffs. Help.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Gutter, you have no idea how much you're my hero right now.

Seriously. Man crush.

6. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Fantastic song.

That being said, has anyone else heard this version? Great stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

A couple of weeks ago, I started coming down really badly with a cold. I was coughing and hacking from Sunday through Wednesday. Since my paper was out after Wednesday, I stayed home Thursday. I felt a lot better after doing that, and after taking it easy as much as possible.

Get rest, drink plenty of fluids and wash your hands frequently.

8. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Ditto on that. Nice pull, Rumps

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. I got the flu shot.
    Everybody in my shop has gotten the flu.
    I haven't.
    I rock.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Two weeks in two different arenas with no light, no decent food and 15 hour days... I know what you feel like...

11. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Skip the pop (and thank you for using the correct terminology :) ) and stick with the other three. The sugar and/or caffeine will dry you out more than rehydrate you.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I was feeling better a couple nights ago, so I decide to go out drinking. Stupid me. The accompanying dehydration and hangover made me feel worse than I did previously.

Draft saved Draft deleted