1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Down with the sickness!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by wickedwritah, Mar 7, 2008.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

This is the third or fourth time I've been sick this season. Got sick for a couple days in October/November, when I was working something like 28 consecutive days, off-and-on again in December a couple times, and now it's rearing its ugly head again.

Sinus congestion -- mine ain't even that bad -- sucks!

Is it me, or are the bugs/viruses floating around this year stronger than normal?

2. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Wocka! Wocka! Wocka!

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I saw a report last month that this year's flu shots were effective on something like only 40% of the viruses this year. Might have something to do with your plight. I don't know if that means this year's shots sucked or this year's viruses have been working out with Hans and Franz in the off-season and are really pumped up.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

That's not my favorite Fozzie photo, but it'll work for now.

I'd also heard that, and that's what I'm wondering, too. Just seems like everyone I know has gotten sick at least once or twice this year. I didn't get sick at all last winter, at least for anything longer than a few hours.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I went on a cruise four weeks ago and got sick, and then just about everyone with me got sick within the next two or three weeks.

7. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Drink lots of water, Gatorade, juice and pop. When you feel the illness coming on eat lots of soup, too. Drown the little bastards and it won't be as bad. Echinacea and multi-vitamins are lifesavers.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'll definitely be enjoying a Gatorade/water cocktail later today.

9. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

I feel a cold coming on and I'm downing Airborne like it's going out of style. I know it doesn't work for some people, but it works for me.
    Also, Zicam is pretty good, too.

10. I've been out from work the whole week with the flu. It was really bad Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, started to get better Wednesday and just trying to get my energy back the past couple of days. Some people in my office have also been sick with various ailments. So something has been going around.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Thought the same thing.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Flash

Flash Guest

Kurt Cobain sucked.

(Hi, Zeke!)

Draft saved Draft deleted