1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Down goes Rove! Down goes Rove!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Aug 13, 2007.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I think Rove is going to sit 2008 out in terms of being a campaign manager for a candidate. He might give the nominee's campaign managers some advice, but he will sit this one out. He has basically been running a campaign non-stop since 1999 and that has to be tiring. What I think is more likely is that he spends the next year and a half drinking scotch, smoking cigars on his back porch, writing a book and appearing on some cable news shows.

After 2008, he probably re-opens his consulting business (which Bush made him shut down in the run up to 2000) and makes a boatload of coin giving advice to Senatorial and Congressional candidates in 2010 -- and if we have President Hillary and a Democrat Congress, that will be a fertile time for a GOP consultant.

2. Looks like he may be spending more time with Pat Leahy's family, too.

http://leahy.senate.gov/press/200708/081307.html

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm telling you, Pat Leahy grew a pair.

4. Upper Tupper

Upper Tupper Member

I don't know, I don't like the feel of this.

He just might end up on AM radio like the other fat bastard.

5. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

In my opinion, Rove was worn down by the Plame-Wilson investigation. How many times was he called to testify? Four? Five? So that was effective.

I think Pope correctly predicts his future.

Following the final two years of the Clinton and Bush administrations--zealots on both sides, please take a step back with me here--I wonder to what extent legal action is going to be used as a political tool in the future, particularly against lame duck administrations.

6. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Jacky, I made that point a while back, that from now on nothing will really get done because each side will be going after the other side, ad nauseum.

7. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Who is the current candidate for President you would like to see in office for two terms?

Someone smart enough to go in with the idea of being a one-termer, come hell or high water, might be the best pick.

But then, to become President a candidate has to have enough of an ego to put up with the tsuris a run involves. Match an ego of that size with a win, and, presto, let's do it again!

We're already deep into the next election cycle, obviously. What a pain in the ass.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

After the past six years, I'd vote twice for nothing getting done.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Now he begins stealth plotting to rig '08.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I heard the fat bastard attacking Dems by saying first they were against the surge saying it wouldn't work, now they are saying that we still haven't achieved political stability.

Guy's a genius making it seem that the Dems are just bitching to bitch, but, Rush, the freakin' point is to have developed "new Democracy" over there. Point never was to leave a crater.

11. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Blue font, please, because you've got to be kidding.

Not that powerful, and not that effective. He needed a huge load of stumble, fumble, fart and fall from the other side to help win that second election.

12. digger

digger New Member

The problem is, they're going to need another win (republican, someone like Guliani), to solidify the power they've usurped so far, and to continue stacking the supreme court so there's no check against it.

And also to keep all these current assholes out of prison.

I can't see Rove sitting this one out, but I can see him working behind the scenes so he doesn't leave any fingerprints. Him leaving now is probably all part of the plan.

Get ready for them to slime the Democrats as much as possible, make the general public really not want to vote because its just a bunch of name-calling, use the courts and the voting systems and other scare tactics to prevent the poor and people in cities from voting, and Viola! President 9/11.

Draft saved Draft deleted