1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Down goes Rove! Down goes Rove!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Aug 13, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Um, sorry to disrupt anyone who feels Rove is a good guy, but why on Earth would anyone consider him a "boy genius"? For selling a flawed president to the American people for two terms?

Sorry, I hold my geniuses to a higher standard.

2. Gubba, gubba hey!
    That's the defense here? Patrick Fitzgerald's essential integrity as a prosecutor?
    Sad, really.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

On the other hand, the fact that he sold this flawed president to an American Public does make him a genius. An evil genius, but a genius nonetheless...

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If that's the standard we're using, then we could make the case that several leaders in the 20th century who were somehow sold to the American people were also backed by geniuses.

I don't consider anyone a genius if they're using tricks or tools to dupe people into buying a flawed bag of goods. I consider that more propagandist than genius.

5. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Exactly. The guy's been a dismal failure in his White House job, but winning two elections with Bush was masterful (in an evil way, of course). And since I don't envision Rove having a similar deathbed conversion the way Atwater did, I'm sure Satan will give him mad props once he arrives in the lair.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wonder if Rove and Saddam will be bunkmates in Hell?

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Whew! At least they're not talking about that 1994 Cheney interview now.

8. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

"Karl, why do you always make love to me from behind? Are you pretending I'm someone else?"

"Satan, your ass is gigantic and red -- who am I going to pretend you are, Liza Minnelli?"

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

They can take turns receiving the pineapple...

11. digger

digger New Member

The conspiracy theorist in me says he's just leaving so its harder for us to keep track of what he'll be doing before the 08 election.

Like he doesn't have to save all his emails, now.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

... and Rove can give Saddam a hot Karl.

Draft saved Draft deleted