1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Down goes Rove! Down goes Rove!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Aug 13, 2007.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

He'll certainly still have a voice. Karl Rove is the greatest president this country has ever had. He's like the French maid of politics. Look around you. This place sparkles!

Wait. What's that under the dining table? Is that a dead skunk? Whoa! It's gonna take a lot of bleach to clean that up. But at least he killed the skunk. No more skunks to deal with. Eww. I think that skunk had babies. There are skunks everywhere in this house.

But that's okay. We'll just go to our summer home for a few months while the lower-class comes in to spruce up the place. Hey, hold on. I forgot. We had to sell our summer home to pay for that big overseas party he had.

Well, maybe we'll just take a vacation to grandma's house. Load up the car and we'll drive to...holy shit! Gas is almost $3 a gallon! Maybe we'll just call her.

Hello, mom? Is that you? I can't hear you. It's almost as if someone is listening in on a third line. Hey, did someone just sneeze? Oh, the One Foundation? Yes, it's going well, Mom. A bunch of us gathered in front of the Ten Commandments down at the Georgia state capitol. We talked about the genocide taking place in Darfur.

We were about to discuss how we should develop social programs to deal with AIDS in Africa and poverty in Southeast Asia. But, you know, they arrested us for blocking the sidewalk. You know the government. Yes, mom. The government can kiss my ass, too. Wait, did you just hang up? No? Well what was that click?

Oh, mom. I have to go. Someone is at the door. By the way, do you know how to get rid of dead skunk smell?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

With Rove gone, I'm worried that there won't be enough handlers around to keep W medicated properly.

3. He's set things up perfectly, given the fact he was betting heavy behind a low pair after the SS debacle and the 2006 midterms. That quote about "warrantless wiretaps" in the WSJ piece is the tell. He's got the D's as divided on an issue as they're likely to be. He's neutered the Congress. He's set up a '68-style debate within the D's as regards the war; watch HRC get turned into Humphrey. The political pieces are in place if they really want to go after Iran. Anything that would get him indicted has long gone into the shredder.
    His work there is done.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Heckuva job, Rovie.

5. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Put Rove and Carville in a locked room and maybe they will jackass each other to death...

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Exactly... don't think for a second that Rove is leaving to sit home...

7. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Don't let the door hit you in the ass....http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2007/08/rove-exits.html

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'd love to hear what John McCain truly thinks about this...

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Just curious...had he lived, how would Rove have compared to Lee Atwater? And what role would Atwater have played in this administration?

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Karl, it's Mike Huckabee on line one.

11. No chance.
    Despite what I wrote above, the guy is radioactive now -- not least because of his political fuck-ups since 2004.
    He may be back in 2012, unless there really is an indictment that can grab his ass.
    I'd like to know what John McCain really thinks about anything.

Also -- Would have liked to go home and spend more time with their families.
    http://icasualties.org/oif/BY_DOD.aspx

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Um, sorry to disrupt this meeting of the Krazy Kos Kids, but where's your frog march?

Draft saved Draft deleted