1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Down along the Jersey Shore, seeking ideas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Magic In The Night, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

So I'm trying to plan a trip for early December (yes, I know, it's cold but it's for a friend's birthday and there are reasons...) and wonder if anyone has any ideas for places to stay that would be reasonably priced. Any other ideas welcome as well. Thanks!
  2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Be sure to order Jagerbombs.

You'll fit in perfectly.
  3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Depends on what part of the Shore you're going to. Basically, anywhere but Atlantic City is pretty cheap (by NJ Shore standards) in December.
    Where is your friend's brithday bash happening?
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. Magic In The Night

Well, it's kind of a private bash. First, a tour of the Bruce haunts and then, whatever adventures await.
  6. Magic In The Night

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Springsteen area is much further north than the parts of the shore with which I'm familiar.
    Long Beach Island to Cape May - I'm good.
    North of LBI - Not my area.
  8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Bruce area basically means Asbury Park area. Not a whole lot there yet -- rebuilding under way, soon to be lots of expensive condos along the beach.
  9. Magic In The Night

OK, that was hilarious. But I gotta wonder, how would you come across something like THAT on YouTube? Search for Jagerbombs and go from there? :)
  10. Magic In The Night

Well, we'll have a car. Renting one in NYC for drive down.
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The family W spends a good part of the summer in Long Branch, which is about a 10 minute drive on Ocean north of the Pony.

I'm sure you can find tons of cheap hotels in the area because it sure as heck isn't a tourist area in the winter. The Ocean Place Resort is nice.

You really don't want to spend a lot of time in Asbury. It's more My City of Ruins than The Rising.

Long Branch is pretty nice -- there is a shopping/dining area called Pier Village.
  12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Is the Haunted Mansion at Long Branch still kicking?
    It would be closed during the offseason, but I was just wondering if it is even still around.
    We had Brigantine Castle down our way. That place was the greatest, but it burned.
Draft saved Draft deleted