1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Douglas Berman, The Army All American Bowl, and ESPN

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by eyeonsportsmedia, Dec 13, 2007.

1. In reading about Douglas Berman calling ESPN "anti-Army" for staging a competing High School All-Star Bowl Game, the following thoughts came to mind as I wrote my commentary:

"So before Mr. Berman goes on berating ESPN for bringing competition to his previously monopolistic hold on a high school all-star game, he needs to be more forthcoming about his company and their relationship with the Army. This arrangement had to be consummated under some form of contract. If there is a contract, was it awarded competitively as required in the federal government? Or was there some justification for the award of a sole-source contract for this event? What is the value of the contract and when does it expire? Once these questions are answered in a public forum, Mr. Berman's complaints might fall on more understanding ears."

So there must be some intrepid sportswriter out there that wants to take these questions on?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Is it really required IN the federal government? Or by it?

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Who is Douglas Berman?

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

This will not end well.

[​IMG]

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Awesome.

6. In...but by could work to...

7. NEWSHACKS!

But seriously, some of you probably have more bandwidth (that's IT speak for time) to do it and it might make a good story for you...

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

And, then again, most people couldn't give two shits about high school football all-star games.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

DING DING DING!

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

BLOGS! is an inside joke. Now go fetch me a Fat Tire.

But seriously ... you're the one interested in this "story." Why don't you do it?

11. You don't read the news? :)

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Regularly ... yet, even after running the name through Google, I still have no idea who the fuck you're talking about. And Google's news search has no idea who the fuck you're talking about, either. It's entirely possible that you're being too obscure for your own good.

(Because I'm pretty sure you're not talking about the producer of NPR's Car Talk.)

Draft saved Draft deleted