1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doug Krikorian is moving ... but where?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by buckweaver, Oct 12, 2009.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

http://www.presstelegram.com/moresports/ci_13536888

Eight hundred twenty-six words -- most of them related to what he'll miss about his neighbors -- on moving out of the house he's been in through "two marriages, countless periods of joy and searing moments of heartache," where he's lived since "Gerald Ford was president and Walter Alston was managing the Dodgers and Chuck Knox was dispensing those conservative game plans for the Rams."

Not a word of it to do with sports, but you all knew that.

Normally, I wouldn't start a thread on the longtime SoCal columnist's personal life, since that's what he rambles about most often, but whatever news he's (not) sharing seems to be a bit more noteworthy than usual.

Anything going on? Or is this just a 25-inch "change of address" notice?

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The Press-Telegram has a couple months left on the "No Layoffs" pledge the Union secured from management.

Considering the fact Krikorian survived a couple rounds of layoffs even as other LANG papers purged their full-time veteran columnists, can't imagine he'd choose this particular moment to gracefully walk away.

So yeah, it's probably just another instance of him waxing poetic about memories of days gone by.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I broke in at that paper. Always enjoyed his larger-than-life presence.

4. Editude

Editude Active Member

Love that the jump word on his columns is "Doug."

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Read a blurb about it on another blog and I wondered why he is moving and where he is moving. So I read the whole column.
    After reading the column, I still don't know why he is moving and where he is moving.
    Maybe he's saving that for a future worthless column.

6. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I saw the blurb the same place (I'm guessing) you did and wondered that too. So I read the column. Still no clue.

7. Turfburger

Turfburger Member

BW ... it must have been the home equity loan that came due.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Your guess is as good as mine.

(Long time no talk, man! Hope all's well.)

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Leisure World.

Edit: the first commenter had the same thought.

Okay, then I am guessing Walt's Wharf, O'Malleys, or any of the other bars he plugs in his column to get free drinks.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

belmont shore is a great place to drink.

Draft saved Draft deleted