1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doug Flutie Dropkick to Week 7 of the NFL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Morris816

Morris816 Member

Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict fined $25,000 for twisting the ankles of Cam Newton and Greg Olsen, a fine Burfict plans to appeal.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11711402/vontaze-burfict-cincinnati-bengals-appeal-ankle-twisting-fine

BTW, that's $5,000 less than Jimmy Graham got for dunking the football over a goal post during the preseason. Because, after all, protecting the goal post is more important than protecting players from injury or potential injury.

2. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Burfict is a piece of shit.

Sucker punching teammates:
    http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2011/08/arizona-state-vontaze-burfict-fight-teammate/1#.VEA9lfldV8E

16 personal foul penalties in 26 games at ASU:
    http://www.si.com/more-sports/2012/04/20/vontaze-burfict

Now this. He's just a tool. I hope he breaks his legs and can never play again.

3. Maybe Hines Ward could come out retirement and give him the Keith Rivers treatment?

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If the Jets had any defensive backfield, they could actually be mediocre.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Can Geno expect a two-game suspension for this hit?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. joe king

joe king Active Member

That was an absolutely gorgeous drive.

And I just love the over-the-top dive for the TD.

7. joe king

joe king Active Member

Oh, my goodness. You can't help but feel for the Jets.

8. Michael_ Gee

They'll fire Rex, much to his relief, and then they'll see what happens when a team without much talent doesn't have a coach it wants to bust its ass for.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Antonio Allen played awful D on two TD passes. Why he let Amendola get behind him on a 3rd and goal at the 19 is insane.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Don't know what was worse, that play for the first TD to Vereen. Both pathetic displays of defense.

11. Michael_ Gee

Jets secondary makes defensive game planning impossible. Team's always one play away from an instant enemy touchdown. You could almost see the thought balloon over Brady's helmet, "oh, just chuck it down there. I CAN'T throw an interception against these guys."

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think that Rex did a great job containing the run and mixing up the blitzes/fake blitzes. They made Brady uncomfortable a number of times, but just not enough to win

Draft saved Draft deleted