1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Douchebag holds MLB player's first HR ball for ransom

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 15, 2009.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And it's not who you think it is! (Hi, BYH!)

This guy will probably get his teeth rattled around by someone one of these days. He calls himself Brew Town's Ballhawk and writes a blog about all the home-run balls he catches. Well, he caught the first HR hit by Chris Coghlan of the Marlins. When he didn't get what he wanted in order to give it back, douchebag brags about his law-enforcement salary, then thinks he should be respected simply because he works in law enforcement. Practically the first sentence on his blog entry is "What's the ball worth to you?"

His blog is hosted by MLB.com. For now.

http://thehappyyoungster.mlblogs.com/

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wow. Sounds like a real classy dude. Hope I never get pulled over by him. ::)

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

He asked for two bats and the ball authenticated. Is that too much for the cheap-ass Marlins to pony up?

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

About one minute into this video, you can see Brew Town's Ballhawk on his day job...complete with a very ball-park-like high-give!

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And he deserves it for catching the damn ball in the stands?

People like this live in some sort of alternate universe.

6. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Give me a break. A normal human being would be happy to get anything. It's not like this is some kind of record-setter. You can't make any money off it (I have no problem with guys selling record balls if they can make big bucks on it.), and you're basically just being a cock for the hell of it. The guy brought him a bat and he said that's only half his demands! What a loser.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I've seen this douchebag in action. He's a fuck to the extreme and has the gall to call himself the best Brewers fan out there. Let's get past the nonsense of judging how much of a fan you are ... no "best fan" of a team would ever wear another team's colors, just to get a fucking baseball!

Self-absorbed little dickbag with attention whore syndrome.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Kory Casto hit his first HR in Seattle last year. He's from Oregon, so he had family there. His dad found the guy who caught the ball and offered him 100 bucks. Guy said no way, give him a hat and he's happy to give up the ball. Meant more to Casto than it did to him.

9. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

He buried what he *really* wanted at the bottom of his post:

(From an AP story) "Coghlan said the man demanded an autographed baseball by Coghlan, a personalized Coghlan bat, an autographed Ramirez bat and -- to top it all off -- tickets to the Yankees/Marlins series in South Florida in June."

I've been told that one of his demands was for Hanley Ramirez to *fly him down to the series*! The guy is class A prick.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

They misspelled "looser."

12. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I was actually watching this game and saw his interview. Seems like a real ass. And I'm sure his blog is only half of the story. Just give the kid the ball.

Draft saved Draft deleted