1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doonesbury today 5/27

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, May 27, 2007.

1. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

Nothing in those remarks is out of line (they're rather straight forward), unless you're bent on twisting the meaning to fit your built-in perception of Cheney.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Fenian's interpretation is no leap at all if you take into consideration everything else the man has said over the past six years.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

And, I don't think that such inveterate draft dodgers should EVER be allowed to address the armed forces.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Oh, hell, now, boys, Little Dick had other priorities . . .

5. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Hope you said the same thing every time Clinton spoke to the military, Cowbell. No, of course you didn't.

6. Yes, because that certainly never came up between 1992-2000.
    Now if he'd taken the oath and then bailed on his requirements, that would have been OK, as longas they scrubbed the records.

7. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

That wasn't my point, FB, and you know it. I was asking the person who posted that, not the huddled masses who commented from 1992-2000.

8. No, that was my point.
    FWIW, I don't think either Clinton or Cheney were technically "draft dodgers." That, to me, meant you got drafted and ducked out. Gaming the system so you wouldn't get drafted is a different matter. It was a weird time, and Cheney's still an authoritarian vampire, and a chickenhawk in the fullest sense of the word.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Clinton is a rank amateur in the game of dodging compared to the current crew of warmongers.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Well, that is MY definition of draft dodging.

11. Then I'm a draft dodger because I was in Navy ROTC until I came up with a high lottery number, at which point I dropped out, as I was allowed to do.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Did you think we should go to war in Afghanistan? Kosovo?

Draft saved Draft deleted