1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Doogie Doo dilemma

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ace, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Bring it home and place in your own can. When you place a loose bag in the can there is no guarantee it gets into the truck and nobody wants to have to clean out their garbage can if it is has dog crap in it.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Ace, have to ask, which side of the transaction were you on to spur the question?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I carried it home, but the neighbors' bins were tempting.

I definitely wouldn't put it in an empty can, though.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I slip my doggie doo into the occasional stranger's bin but always feel a little guilty. I live in a touristy area and prefer dumpsters behind restaurants and motel outdoor trash cans. Yeah, I know I could lug the crap home too. But I really don't want to spend half my dog walk carrying the poo.

The other day I took a long walk and the beagle did two poos, the second on the grounds of the country's oldest mission. I only had one bag, which was used on the first drop. Felt guilty as heck. Kept walking until I could pluck a plastic bag out of someone's recycling, then came back and picked up the poo. Don't need that kind of guilt around the holidays.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

This is the biggest reason I don't have a dog. If I did, I would have to have a fenced in yard for him to run around and poop to his heart's content. However, I don't. But ain't no way I'm picking up another animal's dookie. We're higher up on the food chain than that.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Even if you have a fenced-in yard, you need to pick it up. At least I do. Only thing worse than dodging dog shit while you mow the lawn is digging it out of your Converse treads.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, I bought a little box of the doggie poo bags at Walmart and I just put one in my pocket when I take my pup out to the backyard. Don't want to have to apologize to my lawn guy when he tracks dog shit into his truck.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It sucks cutting grass is a sea of dog shit.

The bags newspapers come in are great for picking up dog shit. I walk my wife's dog a ton, and I will bring two bags just to pick up one shit. Fuck, do I hate picking up shit.

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

These are the best pooper scoopers ever if you are on a long walk.

http://www.petco.com/product/7447/Dispoz-A-Scoop-Safety-Scoopers.aspx?CoreCat=LN_DogSupplies_SanitationLawnCareCleanUp

And I agree with 93. If the bin is empty, it is off limits.

10. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

There's someone in this neighborhood who's got a dog that produces dueces on the sidewalk. Just great.

I just moved to a new place, which is a half block south of a walking/biking trail (an abandoned railroad right of way). And based on my experience walking my doggies down this path, no one else in this town picks up pup poop. Right in the middle of the path. Ew.

Draft saved Draft deleted