1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donte Stallworth hits, kills pedestrian

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ColbertNation, Mar 14, 2009.

1. i think dante should get whatever is coming to him

he did something horrible and will pay a very very steep price

but that doesn't change the fact that i know the kid, i like him a lot and he doesn't have a mean bone in his body

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Go back to spending your time erasing posts, Junkie. You suck at mind reading.

I couldn't care less what team Stallworth plays for and the Browns are only relevant as something to make fun of. If it was Holmes, I'd want his ass tossed in jail for as long as possible, too. The one fact that matters is a man is dead because Stallworth got drunk and didn't turn over the keys.

Unlike you, I don't erase my tracks as I post, so there is a history if anybody wants to look. The legal history of Leonard Little disgusts me. It is something I have brought up a few times in the past, and not just on this thread. The fact that something similar may be unfolding with Stallworth is equally disturbing.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If he'd done that in Texas, he'd be charged with intoxication manslaughter, which means a max 10-year sentence with a minimum of two years. Probation is almost impossible.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

sadly, we have zero idea about many of these people we cover. again, i'm not trying to portray stallworth as evil. i'm not certain what the point here is, exactly. you drive when you are impaired by alcohol the "but i'm a really good guy" defense doesn't fly.

is the defense going to be that the victim jaywalked suddenly into stallworth's path? i thought there were no eyewitnesses. a drunk driver is going to testify his reflexes were fine? i don't get it.

p.s. and you know what? many of the people who drive -- myself included -- have NEVER gotten behind the wheel of a car impaired by alcohol. not looking for a medal. just saying there are many alternatives for getting home safely.

5. outofplace

Hey, if you're going to drag in irrelevant crap, so will I.

And no, I have never driven drunk. I've made plenty of mistakes in my life, but not that one.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm appalled every time someone pulls the "you've never driven drunk?" card out.

Is it really that freaking common?

7. RickStain

I was young and stupid. And I never once drove drunk. Because I wasn't that stupid, and being young is no excuse for doing something that kills people.

8. outofplace

It is very common, but that doesn't make it right.

9. RickStain

I've known a few people who have. And I've told them exactly how despicable it was.

The fact that I haven't done it doesn't make me flawless, it just goes a long way toward making me morally superior to those who have.

And if there's one thing I've found to be pretty universally true in this world, it's that people who do bad things convince themselves that the things they do are a lot more common than they are.

10. outofplace

At this point, I'm going to distance myself a bit from RickStain. I'm not going to claim moral superiority over anybody.

It's a mistake, a dangerous one. And if you make a dangerous mistake and kill somebody, you should damn well pay for it.

11. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I guess it's ok to laugh at something like this when you drive drunk, hit no one, and say you were in a rush to get your dick sucked.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

You guys don't KNOW anyone.

Draft saved Draft deleted