1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Donte Stallworth hits, kills pedestrian

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ColbertNation, Mar 14, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Anybody remember exactly how much time Leonard Little spent in jail for killing a woman while driving drunk? If I remember correctly, it was 90 days. And when he violated his plea agreement with another DUI a few years later? Nada.

Makes me wonder just how much trouble Stallworth is really in.

2. KG

KG Active Member

TBF, I've heard of that jerky thing before when I took a law enforcement class, but I thought it was just a reaction the eyes had from pot, I didn't realize it was drinking too.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

It's part of the larger picture created when the body's responses and motor functions begin to degrade.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Good luck to Donte, and condolences to the dead person's family.
    Donte did great things with the Saints before becoming an odd man out as coach Payton transitioned past Haslett.
    Low key, compared to many WRs and players in general.

I later thought Jerome Pathon came in and did many of the good things that Donte had been capable of doing, but I was not initially in favor of or understanding of his leaving N.O..
    A seemingly class act every time I interviewed him or watched him play.

Let the cards fall as they may, Donte. If you are innocent, it could likely be proven.

Still, a hell of a thing to live with now forever.

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9350638/Reports:-Stallworth-drunk-at-time-of-fatal-accident?MSNHPHMA

Sources close to the investigation are saying that Stallworth's BAC was between .08 and .16.

He's screwed.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

The report i heard was .12 on the blood alcohol level. Add that to the fact the victim is dead and it doesn't bode well.

Without knowing the guy, I have to accept that Stallworth's remorse is sincere. Doesn't change the facts, though. And Florida has a reputation for going tough on these sort of cases.

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Florida's DWI/DUI pentalities are rendered as being the harshest in the country. ESPN's legal guy was saying that he could see a maximum of 15 years, but he'll likely not see the majority of that.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

of course he's remorseful. so the eff what? sure he's a "good guy." so the eff what?

sounds like he did the crime. all bets are off. i have zero sympathy for him. all i have to offer goe to the family of the man he killed.

sorry to those who know stallworth. he effed up about as much as a "good guy" can.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I have sympathy for him, but I still want to see him do some serious time.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

And he should do time.

But I believe a lawyer will be able to prove that a sober guy would have had no chance of avoiding greasing that guy.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Vehicular homicide??

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Which is the fucked up part. I doubt Stallworth will get nearly as much time in jail as he deserves. Just ask the family of the woman Leonard Little killed. That fucker violated his parole with another DUI and didn't get tossed back in jail.

Draft saved Draft deleted