1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't you dare step into this booth woman!!!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by flexmaster33, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Is there an obvious rising pxp woman out there who isn't getting the opportunity past women's basketball? It's not m v. f, because I don't know who the rising stars in male pxp are either.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Hey woman! Hey woman! Listen here! Since you ain't got no job, how'd you like to see a real announcer? I bet you stay up every night dreaming of calling games. Why don't you come over to my booth and I'll show you a real play by play announcer."

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Yes. Exactly. All women should get the jobs ahead of all the men, because they are women. That was precisely my point. Thank you for articulating what I was trying to say.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Sorry, 21, I don't want it. I'm working as a wedding planner and drinking cotton candy martinis with my friends after work each night.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Let's not lose sight of the fact that there are lots and lots of shitty male PxP guys on TV too. Probably a dozen or less regularly working pxp guys that are a pleasure to listen to.

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

7. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

That is exactly what you are saying. There aren't enough women in the booth (and the NFL has self-imposed some mysterious rule forbidding them to hire women broadcasters). So, screw all the males that want job and their qualifications. Put women in the booth for the sake of... uh, diversity? Don't hire someone based on their qualifications -- hire them based on what they have underneath their pants.

8. flexmaster33

flexmaster33 Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if networks have an unwritten rule that football should come from the mouths of men, thus ignoring qualified women who may have applied for booth jobs.

Why are the sideline jobs dominated by women and the booth jobs by men?

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I don't know what's underneath your pants but perhaps your head has become lodged there looking for it.

Please show me where I said anything you posted above.

I was commenting on your theory that 'the majority of women aren't big sports fans and don't want to spend their lives reporting on it.' What does that even mean in the context of this discussion? We're not talking about the majority of anything. We're talking about people who do actually want to work in the business, male and female, and very possibly DO want to spend their lives reporting on it.

10. Watcher

Watcher New Member

I hope you at least watch the games instead of rely on the "impartial reporting" of Awful Announcing. I tend to DVR and watch most games and a lot of what they claim is said is immediately corrected, or taken out of context, or just plain not said at all. And even if an announcer says one or two stupid things a year, if you do it enough years like Ward, Mowins, Patrick, Musberger, etc. have there will be quite a collection of gaffes. The one you posted, of course, is from 2008. So if she says "so many stupid things," how about coming up with some recent stupid quotes?

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I think you just got trolled by a fashion bot.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yeah, what the fuck was that?

And what does Boots have to do with it? Is that his downstairs neighbour in the avatar?

Draft saved Draft deleted