1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't worry, I don't want to TIVO the Angel game or anything

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Oct 3, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's MLB... stop confusing it with logic

2. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

So you're gonna wake the little slugger at 3:30?

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

He usually gets up at 6 even though he doesn't have to go school until 9. If he fast-forwards between innings and during pitching changes, he should have plenty of time to watch it.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

It wasn't a slugfest and it wasn't even a futbol score today!

5. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I have TBS HD on my DirecTV.....
    And nice job by the Red Sox, at least tonight, closing it out in just over 2.5 hours.
    47 minutes to Cubs-Snakes!

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Cablevision also added TBS-HD for tonight's game (but I'm at work and even if I weren't, I don't have HD at home)

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

No sign of TBS-HD here.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I was at a Yanks-D-Rays game in mid-July. $5 seats at the Stadium, because it was a makeup game. Probably my last chance to see the stadium. By the middle of the seventh, the Yankees were up 10 and we were 4.5 hours in. I left. Couldn't take any more of it.

9. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

On the radio today, the ESPN station here (KSPN/710) also is the Angels station. I was listening to the Rockies-Phillies in the car. In the eighth inning, they switched to the Angels pregame show, which started an hour before the game.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That would make me very angry, but at least you got some of the game. I keep hearing the ads for playoff baseball on ESPN radio and then it is back to listening to Doug Gottlieb babble about college football.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

710 literally has an 8 hour pre-game show for SC football on Saturdays. The SC pregame show boots an Angel game to 830 (last saturday).

The Angel post game show last night was 40 minutes. I can't imagine that happening in Boston.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

DirecTV added HD TBS, what about 72 hours before the MLB playoffs started?

Talk about meeting a deadline...

Draft saved Draft deleted