1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't worry, I don't want to TIVO the Angel game or anything

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Oct 3, 2007.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

TODAY'S TBS SCHEDULE

> 2:30 p.m.: MLB On Deck pregame show

> 3 p.m.: Rockies at Phillies

> 6:30 p.m.: Angels at Red Sox

> 10 p.m.: Cubs at Diamondbacks

Note: If a game lasts longer than its scheduled 3 1/2-hour window, the next game will begin on TNT, then shift to TBS.

They have a month+ to play these games, with more dead time over October than a Lugnuts teleprompter malfunction. Yet the games overlap. (does anybody really think that Rockies/Phils will take less than three and a half hours?)

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

None of these games will be over in 3.5 hours. Too many pitching changes.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The NL games at least have a chance of finishing in less than 3 1/2 hours, but there is no way the AL games will be that fast.
    I guess you have to TIVO whatever is on TNT at the time the Red Sox game starts.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I often wonder if a Yankees regular season game is less than 3.5 hours.

I will also lay out the complaint that there doesn't appear to be an HD feed. How fucked up is that?

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They add layers of commercials between innings of a playoff game. The staffs of the Rockies and Phils aren't exactly reincarnations of Koufax and Gibson. There is zero chance the games end < three and a half hours.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yankees and Red Sox played a five-hour regular season game not too long ago. If they meet in the ALCS, they better start the games at about 4 p.m. to Eastern time zone newspapers might hit deadline.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Every game of the Rockies-Phillies series will be 12-10..or some football-like score.

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

IIRC--It just went 9 innings too.

9. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Yes, relatively simple solution.

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

This is stupid. Just show the first and last games on TBS and the middle game on TNT. How hard is that?

11. Or, if you're a caveman like me without TIVO, you're just fucked.

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I'm glad I have a DVR because my 9-year-old is frustrated that the Cubs game doesn't start until 10. But I'll record it for him and he can watch it before school in the morning.

Draft saved Draft deleted