1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't tell Bubba what the topic of a speech will be

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you say so.

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Lord, you truly can't even pay attention, let alone have any insight into pretty much anything. Go ahead, call me a douchebag again if it makes you feel better.

3. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

I can appreciate McCain people on this board stirring the pot a bit to mess with the Obama folks...but seriously, the Clinton clan won't destroy their own political future by being a disruption. They may want him to lose, but there's no way they try to sabotage him here...

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Clinton was the best speech in 2004 (yes, better than Obama), and he will be the best this time around, too.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

When it comes to politicians we love, there is a certain lack of critical thinking on this board for journalists.

Every public figure gives quotes to the media that focus on a positive spin, especially in this situation. What do you expect Obama to say?

"Yeah, the the Clintons been a pain in the ass since Day One, and now they remain so even though I beat them. I really hope he doesn't say anything stupid like he did when he was crippling his wife's campaign."

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

This will end up being much ado about nothing.

7. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

And I don't disagree with your point, Piotr. You could very well be right; it's something we won't know for sure until Bill gives his speech.

Mizzou said to spinning, "If you say so." But spinning didn't say so. Barack Obama did. Mizzou glanced right over that fact, hence my post.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

That's fair, Cider.

I would guess Bill will get a couple of lines in there about his wife, but he will not badmouth Obama. He will be biting toward the Republicans, and laudatory toward his party.

I also think he and his camp enjoy the worry the Obama camp might be feeling, and are less than cordial behind the scenes.

9. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

This whole idea about Hilly running in 2012 is a joke. the country will have moved on and she would be running against an incumbent.

This was her shot and she came up short. Next.

10. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

You're assuming that Obama wins. That's anything but a certainty.

If Obama loses to McCain, HE's blown his one shot at the presidency (If I'm not mistaken, Nixon is the only one to be elected President after previously losing the general election).

Hillary would still be able to run in four years, and if McCain really is a one-term president, would certainly have a good shot.

11. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

nah, mccain is only going to serve one term

12. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

You should tell him that.

Draft saved Draft deleted