1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't talk trash to MJ

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by UNCGrad, Oct 28, 2014.

1. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

As Keegan Bradley learned: http://www.pinehurst.com/news/michael-jordan-wins/

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's about the oldest Jordan line ever, dressed up again.

He is doing a lot of interviews and other public stuff all of the sudden. Why is he trying to convince everyone he isn't the world's supreme asshole, does he have a book coming out or something?

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

1998 just emailed..

4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Do you think the average person knows what a dick Jordan is? I know most of us do, but I don't get the sense that most people really know that.

5. LongTimeListener

There's more awareness of it since the Hall of Fame speech.

Maybe he's trying to look erudite and clever to boost the value of an athlete's degree at the University of North Carolina.

6. RecoveringJournalist

I think a lot of people write most of it off as him just being hyper-competitive. I do think the HOF speech caught a lot of people off-guard though, because they thought he left that on the court. I don't think people realize that if someone is that much of a miserable dick on the court, he probably doesn't leave all of it there.

7. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Think Sam Smith who wrote The Jordan Rules has a new Jordan book out. Not sure if MJ cooperated or participates in profits.

8. RecoveringJournalist

His second Jordan book was in the bargain bin about a week after it came out. I have no idea if it was any good or not, but it got zero hype after The Jordan Rules came out. The media was probably afraid to review it.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I now officially open the SJ contest for replies Keegan could have gone with instead of folding:

Are you sure both my shoes are yours? I heard your ex-wife got one of them in the divorce.

10. LongTimeListener

I'm going to walk away from this tweet battle. Or am I being banished from it? Hmmmmmm ...

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Well done, LTL.

Fair point, MJ. I might want to rethink this. Didn't Kwame Brown wear your shoes? Clearly Mars Blackmon was exaggerating their powers.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

MJ, those shoes look nice, but they're not helpful when trying to hit curveballs.

Draft saved Draft deleted