1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't sweet talk me, whitey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CD Boogie, Feb 12, 2018.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

FTFY

2. CD Boogie

Fair enough. It was inconsiderate and stupid. I apologize for using it.

Iron_chet, HC and typefitter like this.
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

No. It’s racist to sarcastically and condescendingly say things like, “Apparently black history is only about recognizing the things that blacks have done all by themselves.”

“I have a black friend!”

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I can't speak for the board—even though I often do!—but I think this is a good apology. Thank you.

5. CD Boogie

No, it's not. I think you need to get a new dictionary because you have a broad, opaque notion of what that word means.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You're contradicting earlier posts of yours, there, @MisterCreosote.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Geez, this is still going? I thought yesterday was enough fun.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'd like to invite you to let the people who take the brunt of racism to tell us what's racist. You know. Just for a change of pace.

poindexter and CD Boogie like this.
  9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

A guy who was pissed off when Red doubted his work ethic and traded him has an opinion.

CD Boogie likes this.
  10. MisterCreosote

Ok. I’ll spell it out more clearly:

You can talk about Red Auerbach or Branch Rickey all you want. Even during February!

But, in a post you specifically deemed specifically about Black History Month, taking about a white person is stupid.

Defending said post by sarcastically insinuating that people who think specific Black History Month commemorations should specifically commemorate black people are just being PC pussies is not-so-subtly racist.

11. MisterCreosote

I grew up in a city only slightly less racist than Boston but still among the most racist in the entire country. I know racism when I see it.

However, if any black people besides those who have a personal stake in Red Auerbach’s history want to chime in, I’d be happy to cede the floor.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh yeah. Well, when is White History Month then?

Draft saved Draft deleted