1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't Stop Believing ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by fromthebluegrass, Nov 27, 2007.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yikes, that was my first slow dance song, too. Maybe it was you, Joe.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I may need to throw the red flag and call for a booth review. Seems to me Air Supply was sappy, sugary.....and cheesy.

A vortex du fromage, eh?

3. Flash

Flash Guest

True is currently in high repetition on my MP3 Walkman.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

This always cracked me up about Peter Cetera - in one of his solo videos he's wearing a Bauhaus t-shirt.

Hey Peter, you're not foolin' anybody.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Fenian, when you hit the bus full of nuns, can you make sure I'm on it?

IJAG and Diabeetus' lists make me want to break down and cry ... I wanna hold a gun to my head until the fear in me subsides.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Fuck. I thought I'd go through my entire life without hearing the name Stevie B. again. Thanks, IJAG. Thanks a fucking lot.

Also, no cheesy list is complete without "Dreamboy/Dreamgirl."

7. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

"She's a Lady" by Tom Jones. It's a perfect listen before a night out. You'll strut out your front door like a peacock.

8. Bubbler

Butterfly Kisses. Eeghads.

The song isn't even cheesy, it's uncomfortable and mildly painful.

If I had to demonstrate to a sensory-deficient man what it's like for a woman to be on her period, that's the song I'd use to illustrate it. I don't know why I feel that way, but to me, the song just evokes heavy-flow, crampy menstruation.

The whole way it's sung reminds me of Sometimes When We Touch too -- the Chernobyl of pop tunes.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I LOVE Butterfly Kisses. It still makes me cry. That and "Don't Take The Girl." Tears. Every freaking time.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Don't Take the Girl is cheesy as all get out, but like IJAG, I bawl everytime.

11. Bubbler

Back in the Napster days, my wife downloaded Butterfly Kisses on my Napster account. Everytime it popped up on my random tunes, I'd stop whatever I was doing and rush like Carl Lewis on cocaine to hit the next button.

She downloaded it for a Christmas CD she was making for her brother. I asked her if her brother liked the song. She said she heard it while riding with him in a car and asked him if he liked it. She said he nodded his head.

I just took another sip from my soda without saying another word. Another man was going to be felled by trying to make someone happy.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Where's "Sometimes She Cries" on this list? Or "When the Children Cry"?

Draft saved Draft deleted