1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

don't stand on the logo?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rusty Shackleford, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Adam Foote needs an ass-whipping. The "don't step on the huge fucking logo in the middle of the fucking floor" decree is about the dumbest thing I have ever seen in all my years. And yes, unfortunately it might be gaining in popularity.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

You think they'd be more worried about winning games and, oh maybe, being within shouting distance of a playoff spot.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Like CT said, if it's so damn precious and important, who is the wiseass that decided to stick it on the floor?

4. fatking

fatking New Member

Locker room etiquette: I saw this story in the wire a little while ago, and it fit this thread perfectly, so I found the website link....

http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_4456487

5. Canuck Pappy

Canuck Pappy Member

The logo on the floor is a junior hockey thing in Canada. Hockey players are the most unoriginal people in the world.
    Gretzky wears a mullet-everyone in the 1980s wears a mullet.
    Everyone did the playoff beard thing.
    Now the logo thing.

Thanks a lot Don Cherry and Dale Hunter.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Shoulda figured Canada is behind all this...

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yes, because Wayne Gretzky invented the mullet and inspired everyone who ever lived during the 1980s to grow one too. Absolutely. ::)

8. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

I know Doug MacLean, I like Doug MacLean and I know he designed that Blue Jackets logo -- but it's got to be the ugliest logo in sports. I'd wipe my feet on that thing.

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

This was a good story. Spot-on in many ways.

10. Babs

Babs Member

If that's what covering pro football is really like, I'm glad that's not my gig.

11. Stupid

Stupid Member

No doubt. I'd hate to put up with that crap just to get a story done.

12. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

That read was spot-on.

Can't say about the NFL, but the NHL is not that bad at all. In fact, it's quite good.

Draft saved Draft deleted