1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

don't stand on the logo?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Rusty Shackleford, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

OK, I was reading an old thread (sorry, I don't have the link at the moment) about what not to do in a clubhouse. One of the main points was that you're not supposed to stand on the team's logo on the carpet.

First off, I want to know why? Of all the stupid things in the world of sports, that's got to be close to the top of the list.

Second, what other rules like that exist that people like myself who are new to covering the pros might not know?

2. audreyld

audreyld Guest

The logo thing isn't stupid. It's a sign of respect in the clubhouse. Deal with it.

(OK, the concept is kind of dumb, but it's so old now as to have taken on its own gravitas.)

3. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

If the logo is so important, what's it doing on the floor? Shouldn't it be on the wall, spotlighted, and with vigil candles surrounding it?

4. Cowboycane

Cowboycane Member

The only places I've been where they didn't want you on the logo, they actually roped it off with a "velvet rope" type deal. Seems kind of stupid to me.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I think it's a hockey thing. I've been in hundreds of pro and college locker rooms in many sports and never heard of the logo thing anywhere else.

6. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

And its vastly overrated. Guys make a production out of it, but they don't give a shit as long as the paycheque is there. Next year, there will be another logo in another dressing room.

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I've pissed AND taken a shit on logos on the floors of NFL locker rooms.

Nobody's ever said a word to me.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

It's a reason for them to register a complaint about outsiders being in their domain. Deep down, they don't give a shit. They just want a reason to beef.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Agrees with you:

[​IMG]

10. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

They didn't find it odd that you were shitting in the middle of the floor? That is one relaxed locker room.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Don't stand on the Columbus Blue Jackets logo:

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

No, you wouldn't want to step on that storied Blue Jackets logo. Sooo much tradition.

Draft saved Draft deleted