1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't (Shouldn't) Changes Happen . . .

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SoSueMe, Nov 25, 2006.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

. . . to the BCS and playoff system whether it's Michigan or USC in the championship game?

Let's say Notre Dame wins tonight and Michigan narrowly receives their rematch against the Buckeyes. Doesn't every other coach/conference/throng of fans cry foul and demand changes?

Let's say UCS wins tonight and lands in the title game. I seriously think Ohio St. soundly beats them (this isn't USC of the recent past), and that Michigan easily wins the Rose Bowl (not too mention, many of the other Big 10 (11) teams win their respective bowl games over SEC opponents and the lot). Don't the pundits, fans et al then cry foul demanding that "the two best teams (i.e. Michigan and Ohio St.) should have played for the championship and didn't?" Those teams being Michigan and Ohio St.

This seems like a no-win situation any way you look at it.

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

no.
    because if what you says happens, the best team won and there's no question about it. if you don't win your conference, you don't deserve to to go to the national title game. it's happy little bow and the bcs worked yet again.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Hadn't people been saying, up until last year when everything worked out ok, that this is the season that will force them to change the system?

It's not going to happen. Too much money to be made from the bowl system, no matter how much coaches and media complain.

4. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

If the Big 12 gets two in BCS game, does a third team go to the Rose Bowl?

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I don't think so. The latest bowl predictions I saw had a Big 10 vs. a Big 12 school with no PAC-10 team.

Draft saved Draft deleted