1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't Screw With Keith Olberman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 22, 2010.

1. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Stewart will have material coming out his ears as long as he trains his sights on Fox. The unintentional comedy coming out of that place is a gold mine.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Jon Stewart thinks the last 10 years have been an absolute riot. A lot of Americans might feel otherwise.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

What a strange thing to type.

4. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

IF Maddow does the "I'm smarter than everyone in the room," thing, and I don't think she does, she probably does it because she is smarter than most people in the room.

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Ooooo - Bad timing to make that statement, D-3.

Stewart had a segment on Cramer last week (Cramer wearing a construction outfit with a 'Detour' sign) touting Goldman Sachs up the butt days before the Goldman story broke.

ETA: Here's the clip if interested, just scroll down a bit. It's hilarious.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/shots-fired-jon-stewart-slams-jim-cramers-titanic-advice-again/

It was very funny - because Stewart made the comment, "Wait a minute, the man from the Village People is right" before bringing down the hammer.

Also, one of the NYT's most read stories today is saying Stewart is gaining clout even though he still says he's a comedian, not a journalist.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/24/arts/television/24stewart.html?src=me&ref=general

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That Jon Stewart is gaining clout says a whole ot about the left's ability to be taken seriously by serious people, and it says even more about the sad state of journalism, which, at this point, is a word that should be put in quotes at all times.

7. Any of you folks ever hear Tucker Carlson talk about Olbermann on the Bubba the Love Sponge radio/satellite show? I realize it's Tucker Carlson - who is actually refreshingly un-bow-tie-like on that show, but he says Olbermann is like some kind of mean-as-hell dictator around there and has a dysfunctional personal life that overflows into his job. I've always wondered how much of that was true, and things like this don't make me think Carlson is exaggerating.

8. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Hey, he's just following the trail blazed by the Limbaughs and Becks of the world. The difference is that Stewart's rantings are accurately labeled as comedy. :)

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

No, no, no, he's an influential journalist. Stewart's a funny guy, and he's obviously smart. But he's also a partisan doosh, and if he's the best the left has, well ... I guess that's all right with me. Just wish people would quit taking him so seriously. And I bet Dan LeFevour listens to Rush.

10. Bodie_Broadus

Just cause I would like to know, how does this not fall in the "No politics ever" category?

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Stop saying that word, or else!

12. Bodie_Broadus

It seems like a legit query.

BTW, Raisin Squares fuckin' pwned.

Draft saved Draft deleted