1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't Screw With Keith Olberman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

They guy has to have pictures of Phil Griffin. MSNBC nightly programing becomes more irrelevant by the day.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/22/business/media/22msnbc.html?ref=business

MSNBC Cancels Guest Anchor’s Show After a Controversial Segment
    By BRIAN STELTER
    Published: April 21, 2010

A television segment about angry media commentators created a furor inside MSNBC this week, one that extended outside the cable news channel after the segment’s host, Donny Deutsch, found himself dismissed as a guest anchor Wednesday.

Four people briefed on the matter said the cancellation of Mr. Deutsch’s weeklong show, called “America the Angry,” was the result of an unflattering mention of MSNBC’s No. 1 anchor, Keith Olbermann, on Tuesday.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

MSNBC is to liberals what Fox News is to conservatives. For those somewhere in between, it's humorous to watch them bicker back and forth about stuff. Even better than C-Span.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

ASBOH

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

neener neener

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Never has anyone who is such a flyspeck in the media world been so much under the impression that he's Cronkite or Murrow.
    Olberman=putz

6. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

You could note that Olbermann denied having any role at all in this, but I guess that would detract from your agenda.

7. Boom_70

Please - the real story is that Olberman said he would not do his show unless something were done.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And of course KO tells the truth every time his mouth opens.

9. Boom_70

From the always reliable NY Post pg 6:

Keith "Uberdork" Olbermann is running wild again at MSNBC. Network higher-ups put the kibosh on Donny Deutsch's weeklong stint hosting a 3 p.m. show called "America the Angry" after Olbermann "went ballistic and threw a fit" when he was featured in a segment on Tuesday, sources said. "After Olbermann saw the clip, he started freaking out and called Phil [MSNBC head Phil Griffin] to say he wasn't going to do his show unless Deutsch was taken out," says an insider. "MSNBC knows he's nuts, but they kowtow to him." In the segment, radio talk host Hugh Hewitt referred to Olbermann as one of the "biggest hatemongers on television," to which Deutsch diplomatically responded, "I'm not taking the side of either one." A source said, "Donny is p - - - ed. He can't believe this happened. He didn't even say anything." An MSNBC rep denied that Olbermann called Griffin but had no other comment.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/keith_rage_dooms_donny_1jHYzNHBNRmshv0rT2yRWO#ixzz0lr9JzqSP

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I think MSNBC gets a bad wrap. The station isn't filled with hard-core lefties. Morning Joe with Joe Scarborough and Pat Buchanan?

Chuck Todd's mid-morning show (never watched it, but he doesn't seem the fire-breathing lefty type)?

Dylan Ratigan? I think not.

Chris Matthews certainly comes from things from a left perspective, but he is willing to call BS on democrats as well.

Ed Schultz is kind of the left's answer to Rush, bombastic, full of himself, but I don't see the hate flowing out of him.

Keith O is certainly equivalent to Hannity or O'Reilly or whatever.

Rachel Maddow is certainly left, but she does it in a "I'm smarter than everyone else in the room" type of manner--not exactly the screaming banshee that is say a Hannity.

11. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Hey did everyone read Peter King's latest on SI.com? I thought it was pretty good.

12. I no longer have one drop of interest to hear right-wing and left-wing pundits shout back and forth. Absolutely zero. Jon Stewart did a segment the other night where Bernie Goldberg was on the O'Reilly show bitching about Stewart and the "unsophisticated elites" who watch his show, and I could barely make it through. I've just completely lost interest.

Draft saved Draft deleted