1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't really know music of Staind but their lead singer deserves kudos

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Jun 2, 2014.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

http://www.mediaite.com/online/staind-singer-stops-concert-to-go-ballistic-on-fcking-aholes-touching-15-year-old-girl/

Young girl being passed above crowd in "crowd surfing" and being touched all over. Singer stops in mid-song and calls the molesters out.

Great video.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Staind is lame as fuck, but good on the lead singer for that.

He probably didn't know she was 15, but still probably got a good view of the bowling-ball action.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Is it OK if she's 18?

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Agreed ... but , first thought: How many in the audience thought it was part of the act?

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's been awhile since he said he was sorry.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Given the cheers from the crowd, quite a few, especially at the start of his rant.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

OK, he told the crowd she "is, like, 15 fucking years old."

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Seems to me crowd surfers are sort of voluntarily assuming the risk of a little molestation along the way. I mean, does anyone really think all those drunk young dudes are gonna handle with complete decorum when they decide to ride the crowd?

But, hey, good for the Staind dude, molestation is always wrong, chivalry's not dead, etc.

9. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

I agree with the philosophy that no female is ever asking for it. Even if she's walking naked down the street, she's not asking for it.

That said, I went to a concert years ago and this young lady (in hers 20s, she looked) stripped naked and crowd surfed. I didn't notice it until I got naked ass on my head.

I spoke with the head of security later who informed me she had been molested multiple times during her escapade. She obviously didn't deserve it but I still can't help to think "what the hell was she thinking?"

10. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Staind's Wikipedia entry has this paragraph, which is — I don't want to overstate this — a Hall of Fame paragraph:

"Limp Bizkit frontman Fred Durst was appalled by Staind's grotesque album cover and unsuccessfully attempted to remove them from the bill. His perception changed, however, after being impressed with their performance."

Draft saved Draft deleted