1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't provoke me off. You wouldn't like to see me provoked off.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KJIM, Feb 3, 2014.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Just returned from an international flight and got a kick out of the subtitles of the in-flight movie.

It was some Korean film with subtitles in Chinese and English. The English was a bit rough at times, but quite amusing.

It took a couple of takes for me to catch it, but I finally realized that the English subtitles must have had the curse words dubbed out. Either than or Koreans don't know how to use curse words properly.

During a fight scene, the protagonist warned his enemy: "Don't provoke me off. You wouldn't want to see me provoked off!"

The plot had something to do with movie stars, and at one scene, Protagonist was throwing a tantrum on a movie set. According to the captions, he yelled at the folks at the catering table: "Stop livestocking out!"

Earlier, when he got into an argument with his former good buddy, he said he was full of feces.

When The Girl tried to threaten Protagonist's Nemesis with statutory rape (plot had something to do with the casting couch at that point), she told him, "I know you ruined those girls."

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I did not know that Drip is Korean. :D

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Livestocking out = bullshitting??

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"I'll take Pigging Out for $800, Alex."

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Ok that makes a lot more sense. Lol.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

My wife and I had a huge laugh in Paris, France, when we saw "Leaving Las Vegas" in a theater with French subtitles.

Can't remember the exact point in the movie, but the phrase "suck my cock" is uttered, probably to Elizabeth Shue's character.

We laughed when a French couple sitting in front of us looked at each other, puzzled, and asked "Coq?" That's what the subtitles must have read, but it just means "rooster" over there.

Draft saved Draft deleted