1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't post your Super Bowl credential on Facebook

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Surprised that doesn't happen more often. Have seen plenty of credentials posted on Facebook, albeit to slightly less important events.

3. TopSpin

TopSpin Member

Why do I get the feeling this guy posted that photo with general public viewing? Restrict, restrict, restrict all privacy. The only people with access to my page are my friends. And even then, they're put in lists with some having very limited access.

4. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

There were signs all over credential pickup at last year's Super Bowl explaining that exact prohibition -- and each individual was required to pick up his or her own credential. The story makes it clear this guy is a fan, not a journalist, who obviously flouted the very clear rules to show off.

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Local CBS affiliate Sports Director tweeted out "Just got our credentials for the game" and posted a pic of his entire crew's credentials. He's a good dude, I tweeted to him to delete it ASAP. Wondering if he did it before the NFL saw.

6. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

Interesting....so the NFL is better at chasing down credential holders than finding out who deflated Tom Brady's balls?

Draft saved Draft deleted