1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't look down -- Sears Tower new attraction

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hank_Scorpio, Jul 1, 2009.

1. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Yeah, add another no thanks. Years ago I visited Colorado/New Mexico and walked across the Royal Gorge bridge. I almost didn't make it across because A) you can see between sections of the bridge, allllll the way down, and B) freaking trolley cars drive across, making the bridge shake and shimmy. I felt safer on the cable car back to the other side.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

For some reason, the view of the top picture makes me think I'll be able to see a marching band tromp over poor, dead Ricardo Montalban.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I did this Sunday. It was pretty cool.

If you ever do it, buy the speed pass (or whatever they call it) online and print your tickets ahead of time.

It costs a little more, but we skated past a long line and waited for one elevator. They were telling everyone else that the line was 45 minutes to an hour.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No. Fucking. Way.

6. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

"Hey kids! Look south! It's a home run ball sailing through the air, served up by Jose Contreras." [/crossthreading]

8. I think I see my dad! [Cameron/]

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Sonofabitch is down there somewhere ...

Draft saved Draft deleted