1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't look down -- Sears Tower new attraction

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Hank_Scorpio, Jul 1, 2009.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The lines can be long, but the bar is pretty cool. Great views.

And it's not as big of a rip off as you might expect.

2. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I'm weighing in at 305 pounds. Are there seven other volunteers among us? I'll meet you there.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

We hit that bar one night a few years back. Line was long, and the dude asked if anyone liked Superman movies. I kind-of halfway raised my hand and gave a head nod, and he let me and Mrs. tbf in ahead of probably 75 people.

We really enjoyed the bar. Great views. Little pricey, but not too bad.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

FUCK THAT! I would shit my pants if I went on a see-through ledge up there.

The only benefit of that would be if my shit went through a see-through hole and landed all over the Loop. :D

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

And if the wind could carry it a bit north to Wrigley, all the better?

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I've lived in Toronto my whole life and only been to the CN Tower once when we took my cousin who was visiting from England. She loved the glass-bottom floor and was laying down on it and jumping on it when the kids weren't doing it. I wanted no part of it.

7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I'm not afraid of heights, but I'm not sure I could go out there. Too freaky for me.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The bar is great! We also asked the guy if we were in the right line and he just took us straight to four seats.

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Absolutely no way. I have this reoccurring dream where I'm walking on some mountain trail and I look down and notice I've walked off the edge. I wake up before I do a wile e. coyote.

No freakin' way.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Hey -- that's the WILLIS Tower!

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2009/mar/12/business/chi-biz-sears-tower-name-change-willis-march12

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The Stratosphere hotel in Vegas has a ride - basically a track of roller coaster - that goes out over the top of the building (says its the highest building west of mississippi) - then tilts you back - then tilts you out over again.

12. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

That picture itself draws my balls so deep into their shelter, it isn't even funny.

RB

Draft saved Draft deleted