1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't joke about Dongles

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's not easy being a developer evangelist. Some folks don't like being preached at.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I'm still laughing at that job title. Sort of.

Some newsroom will soon co-opt it into Presentation and Visuals Evangelist.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

From her explanaition on her blog:

I saw a photo on main stage of a little girl who had been in the Young Coders workshop.

I realized I had to do something or she would never have the chance to learn and love programming because the ass clowns behind me would make it impossible for her to do so.

Are you fucking kiding me? because two guys who are sponsors of an event are making dongle/dick jokes, some little girl will never be able to enjoy being a programmer? Is that really where your mind was at? Text the "authorites" regarding the code of ethics violation, but publicly shaming them in front to your 10,000 followers over something you allegedly heard and wasn't even directed at you? Wow. Holy overreaction batman.

4. Riptide

"For the children!"

5. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Bradley, I have noticed more and more tattletale behavior lately, especially from younger, internet generation employees. I think they don't realize that emailing your boss to complain about your coworkers typo, bad break, incorrect jump or joke isn't making you look like a sharp young go-getter who cares about the product. It makes you look like a self-important know-it-all who is wasting your boss's time.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So dongle is offensive but assclown is not?

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

'Assclowns' has to be offensive to clowns, at the very least.

Although, some assclowns may like the term, and might like it in the ass too.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I have never heard an assman get upset at being called such. Figure assclown is the same.

9. Was she well-known in the industry? Robert Scoble was an "evangelist" for Microsoft, but he's the only person I've heard of who had that title back when I was a wannabe tech reporter.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Today I learned that developer evangelist is a job.

11. Riptide

Dunno. But:

Personnel ----> Human Resources ----> Human Capital.

Layout ----> Design ----> Presentation and Visuals.

Ack.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

One good thing about this industry is that most newspapers aren't caught up in the jargon that infects corporations everywhere.

One bad thing about this industry is that it's hard to get a job in the business world because you don't know what the help people are talking about.

Draft saved Draft deleted