1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't go away mad Brett, just go away

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Oct 29, 2010.

1. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

First we had last year's drama -- will he retire?

Then we had this year's drama -- will he retire?

Now we have this week's drama -- will he play?

Just STFU and go away, Brett Favre, you attention hog, you. You're washed up. It doesn't matter whether you play or not.

There was a time when the world loved Brett Favre. Now that same world is sick of all the hype.

/soapbox

2. This post could have been made during the last five training camps, and I would have endorsed your message every time. favre is milking this ankle injury for all it's worth, and we all know the plan is to don the superman cape and play against the Pats*. I'm guessing he is hoping it will mask everything else that has happened, cause good ol boy Brett can't take the fact that the bloom has come off of his rose.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

His streak has been a problem for years.
    In 2006, when the Pack's season was over, you can't give Rodgers a start to see what you've got.
    In 2008, when the Jets still had a chance, you had a guy with a bad arm that should've been benched but couldn't be.
    Now you've got it all over again.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You never want to see a player like Favre carted off the field with a career-ending injury, but it's the only way we'll ever be free of him.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

The longer he plays, the more he strikes me as a guy who will be dead by 50, either b/c he resorts to death-defying shit to get his kicks once he retires or b/c he's done God only knows what to his body to play 291 straight games.

6. Mizzougrad96

Would not surprise me for a second.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It would be so fun if Childress has the balls to not start him, then send him in after one play.

8. Mizzougrad96

It would be great to see the Vikings without Favre or Mr. Noodle next season.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Up until a few weeks ago I figured Favre would milk this as long as he can, but I'm pretty confident the "will he retire?" shit is done now. He can't play, his body is breaking down, and he looks miserable. I think he's more likely to pull the plug mid-season than he is to come back next season. He's done.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I really wish ESPN would give Childress an hour-long special to announce whether Favre is playing Sunday or not.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

291 straight starts (well over 300 counting playoffs). Doesn't like taking painkillers. Something does not add up.

I'm not bashing Favre. Those guys get into car wrecks every single week. I can only imagine the cocktails they take to get by. But given how bad Favre already looks "out of helmet," I can't imagine him showing up anywhere as a living legend at 70.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The only difference between this time and any other time we've been through "As the Favre Turns" is this one's not on national TV.

Draft saved Draft deleted