1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't drink and twitter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by gingerbread, Apr 26, 2010.

1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I'd say never twitter about your personal life at all, ever, unless you're the president or you have just cured cancer. But some narcissists just can't help it:

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/04/26/mike-bacsiks-twitter-account-will-probably-get-him-fired/?icid=main|main|dl4|link4|http%3A%2F%2Fbackporch.fanhouse.com%2F2010%2F04%2F26%2Fmike-bacsiks-twitter-account-will-probably-get-him-fired%2F
    There's no word yet on whether Mike Bacsik, the guy who once coughed up Barry Bonds' record breaking home run and who now works as a producer and host at Sports Radio 1310 The Ticket in Dallas, will be fired for a litany of racist, violent and drunken NBA-related tweets from Sunday night, but at this point it's probably only a matter of time.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

"I wonder how big Stern's cornhole is?"

Well, who HASN'T wondered that?

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Apparently if he gets cancer, he's also going to blow everyone in the NBA offices.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'm glad I just drink and use glitter.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

He'll just end up as Galloway's producer.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Bacsik's theme song is "Groovin"

He served one up to Bonds, figuring that moment of glory would last him longer than his very mediocre and brief major-league career. Then he got all offended when such suggestions were made.
    At one point, the background picture on his Twitter page was the postgame press conference with huge 756s visible everywhere.

Sure, Mike. Sure. Now go away.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Well, ginger's taken away my plans for tomorrow night.

8. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Just to update: Fired.

http://deadspin.com/5526419/dumb-honky-radio-guy-fired-for-doing-on-twitter-what-everyone-in-sports-talk-does-on-air

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Maybe John Rocker has a pirate radio station... and maybe that station is looking for a producer

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Does anyone else see the irony of a sports blogger trashing the entire medium of sports talk radio? It's as dumb as those who rip sports bloggers. Both the blog & the radio are media, they aren't inherently good or bad. Both have a lot of garbage, that obscures the few who do really good work.

11. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

I find Guy_Incognito's comment unusually insightful for a message-board poster.

12. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Guy, you could have pretty accurately predicted unsophisticated, broad-brush fratboy snark based on the link.

Draft saved Draft deleted