1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't do the crime.....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

This is a sad one to view. Hopefully, he'll be able to learn from this.
  2. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I don't know. it doesn't sound like a particularly tough question. Do you confront an ex-girlfriend in the lobby of her apartment building, repeatedly kicking and punching her or you let whatever's been bugging you slide?

I know it's a cliche but maybe he'll have a chance to learn from an abusive boyfriend of his own in years to come.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Active Member

How long was Mariotti's prison sentence?
  4. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Enjoyed that video. Nothing wrong with seeing a notably large man, who would assault a woman, cry a bit.

I particularly enjoyed the first sentence of that blog:

"Instead of sifting through scholarship offers, selecting a school and launching his college basketball career as he originally planned, an Ohio high school standout will have to put his dreams on hold."

Awwwwwww, poor thing.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That's if any school will have him on their teams, although I could see someone "taking a chance so he can rebuild his life."
  6. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Can't stop watching this thing.

Love how he goes from "OK, I'm listening to the judge, hoping and thinking I won't get anything too bad" to "What!??! I got three years!!??!!?" to "OK . . . three plus two is five . . ." to "Three plus two plus two is . . . oh SH--!!!!!!!! Uuuugggghhhhhhhh.. . . . . . . . ."

Those on-the-spot math skills would have served him well at a Big Ten school.
  7. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Really. This is why people rip "the liberal media."
  8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Not only is it a cliche, it's also a cliched rape joke! And rape jokes are always funny!
  9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

That video will not serve him well in jail. He might be big, but he's going to be someone's bitch.
  10. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

He'll make a great addition to one of the prison basketball teams.
  11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

California Penal has a better RPI.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That reminds me of that scene in "Malcolm X" where Malcolm and Shorty are handcuffed together as the judge read off a bunch of counts of 7-14 year sentences that are going to be served concurrently. Then Shorty passes out because he doesn't know what "concurrently" meant.
Draft saved Draft deleted