1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't come into the OB broadcasting that stuff! Lamar Thomas may lose job

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Columbo, Oct 16, 2006.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Lamar will write next week's Page 2 column, filling in for Scoop as he takes a well deserved vacation.

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Kevin Plank started the company, Eric Ogbogu was just the player in the commercial.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Lamar Thomas...

HE GONE!

Loopy was on CBS Evening News tonight for the "Free Speech" segment and had his three cents worth of The U's and their antics.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Assuming the coda kitties are waving bye bye to Lamarr

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i think only the FIU game is on tape delay.

i just want to say that today i'm proud to be in law school at the university of miami. god bless the hurricanes.

i'm probably D_Bing this but this is the funniest thing i've read in a long time. boot party. heh heh. ;D

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=2702

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm almost sure Ogbogu has been involved from the ground up.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Forbes recently had an article on UA which mentions EO but doesn't say anything more than he was Plank's classmate. Said Plank used 15K from selling roses and 40K from credit cards to fund.

8. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Another of Lamar Thomas' finest moments:

Thank goodness for GooTube.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

For those not under the CSS umbrella.
    That channel replays all the games. Every SEC game and most of the ACC games. They also, as I recently discovered, put them on Comcast's onDemand channel. So if you are a huge Tennessee fan, you can go back and watch the entire season. Every game if you so desire.
    Wasn't Lamar Thomas the receiver at Miami who got into so much trouble. Seems like he was one three wideouts there at the time. And something happened, but my memory is fuzzy.
    Brawling at the bowl game, maybe? I just don't remember.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

That's the same Lamar Thomas who:

-ran up the tunnel after scoring in the Cotton Bowl over Texas,
    -assaulted his pregnant fiancee in 1996 as a member of the Bucs. He was released one week after charges was filed.
    -assaulted her again in 1997 as a member of the Dolphins.
    Courtesy from "Pros and Cons" by Benedict and Yaeger, page 107-117

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The only reason Lamar Thomas didn't get on the elevator and go down there is that someone lied and told him George Teague was waiting for him. (see Sugar Bowl, 1992, Alabama punks the 'Canes.).

12. markvid

markvid Guest

Olbermann talking about Lyons after was pretty good, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted