1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't call the health department, just burn the place down...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Aug 12, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

http://www.wdtn.com/global/story.asp?s=8825514

Employee takes bubble bath in Burger King sink.
    Gross.
    Just gross.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Having worked at Burger King, the sink was probably cleaner after the bath.

3. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

If you think that's the worst thing that happens even at the best restaurant in town ...
    Still pretty nasty though.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I once walked in on a similar incident. I walked into the restroom at a Ruby Tuesday's (first mistake) in Jackson, Miss., (second mistake) and saw a cook washing his hair in the sink.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I like this quote from a company spokesperson:

"We have also taken appropriate corrective action on the employees that were involved in this video."

appropriate corrective action?

I guess that means they were sent to a Burger King re-education camp?

Even with shit like this, the weasel words come out.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I believe I know of the Ruby Tuesday's of which you speak. Thankfully, I have never eaten there. I have on a lark, however, chanced the Vietnamese restaurant up the street. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if the soup was actually dirty mop water. It was not very good.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

The one out on Lakeland, past Smith-Wills.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

After watching the video -- and don't get me wrong, this was completely nasty; the restaurant should be fined and those jackasses fired -- compared to some of the other stuff that has probably been in that sink, I'm not sure whether this was the worst thing I've ever seen.
    Think of all the nasty, greasy utensils, burger racks, fryer parts, dirty hands, etc. that have been through that sink. Just from a rational standpoint, compared to all that, how does this stack up?

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's the one I was thinking of. Thanks for the heads up. We'll head for some of the other chain restaurants further up the road in Flowood that have B+ health certificates on the wall.

Draft saved Draft deleted