1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't call me "amigo," buddy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Porque?

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

If you're asking "why," por que is two words. In an answer, it'd be one word.

Por ejemplo: Por que no te callas?
    Porque eres un pendejo.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

pueblo_de_siempre es el policia encargado de la gramatica.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Si, si, es verdad. Me olvidado mi espanol. Hace siete anos desde que mi ultima clase.

5. forever_town

No existe la palabra en espanol. Pero, puede decir "secuestrar la tema" for hijack the topic.

6. forever_town

Damn, this thread's bringing back some memories.

When I worked at a call center, I'd often be the one who'd end up speaking to Spanish language customers.

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

My Spanish-speaking skills go straight to el diablo when I'm very tired. One night in Guadalajara, I was exhausted and hungry...found a little stand selling tamales. I meant to order tamales de rajas, which means tamales stuffed with strips of pepper. Instead, my tongue failed and I ordered tamales de ratas.
    Whoops...
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

So how did they taste?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. writing irish

A bit like pork. And afterwards, I felt strangely hungry for Kraft cheese. The next day we went to the beach and I astounded my compadres by chewing through a surfboard and treading water for eight hours.

11. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I had to pass a Spanish reading exam to finish grad school a year ago, and yet I still could barely follow the posts in Spanish.

12. writing irish

And not to be pedantic, but most of "America" speaks Spanish, not English. I slip on this one too- frequently- so I'm not trying to get all up in anyone's grille. But "America" is not a country.

Draft saved Draft deleted