1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't call me "amigo," buddy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Mar 28, 2008.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

In America, or at least Wilkes-Barre, Pa., you apparently need to know the language.

http://www.publicopiniononline.com/ci_8728161

2. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Re: When in America ...

That's funny, young people in my area could benefit from English lessons, too. And they're natives.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

That's funny. When I saw the thread title, I thought about my half-sister.

She got all pissed off at me for using Spanish in conversation recently. She called me one Saturday morning and I sleepily said "Buenas dias" after she said hello. She angrily informed that she. Didn't. Speak. Spanish. She then complained about all the Mexicans she works with, including one who amuses himself by telling her that Mexicans are going to take over the USA. She's very worried about the reconquista.

It's very disconcerting having someone all mad at you before you're even awake. I'm not married, so the expereince is infrequent.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I never bothered to learn geology. I hope I never get hauled in front of that judge. I'll be breaking rocks for 20 years.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

The great thing is that we've got you all thinking it's a big joke. We'll see if you're still laughing when the reckoning comes.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

My response? I'll use whatever language I fucking want and you can grab a plate of STFU.

Of course, I'll probably say all that in Spanish to really piss 'em off.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Cayate!

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Chale, 'mano. Estoy listo. Me gusta salsa habanera y soy un fanatico de Chivas. Y los Leones de Yucatan, en beisbol.

9. forever_town

Chinga tu madre!

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Como se dice Spanish-jack en espanol?

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Chingate cabron!

12. forever_town

Chupame mi pinga pendejo!