1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't bring black people to my games

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

You have no idea how business, or the NBA, works. The worst that will happen, if anything, is a suspension. Nothing he's allegedly said here is illegal, and the there is no way -- NO WAY -- the other owners would agree to boot one of the longest-tenured of the club. And, no major US pro sports league has ever forced an owner to sell.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Beat me to it.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It will have to be corporate sponsors who step up.

If I'm Delta, I tell him to take my name off the seats in the front row:

[​IMG]

I'm also having my lawyers look at what kind of out clauses we might have in out contract.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Does Bill Simmons still have season tickets?

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This.

The problem with this ugly incident is that it is just that -- the expression of an ugly opinion. We're allowed, in this country, to say such things and to have such feelings without fear of reprisal. Actions such as evicting, expelling, or withholding anything except maybe personal reproach against Sterling, apply only to actual housing/hiring practices, and not group memberships or boys' or owners' clubs.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you have to be approved to be an owner of a team, they can take that privilege away.

All they have to do is write them out of the schedule for next season.

This is serious shit. Take a second a think how this fellow is handling this...

[​IMG]

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This is not within 100 miles of being true.

You do have to be approved to own a team. Once you have it, it's yours.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Excellent point.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Did you read my post referenced above? I believe I indicated that kicking him out of the club will be difficult.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So weird. What are Sterling's racist buddies doing checking out his girlfriend's Instagram account? And I'll say it - she sounds like a total ball buster.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. Sterling's already won the LA chapter of the NAACP's Lifetime Achievement Award:

Huffman said there has been previous controversy when the Los Angeles branch honored Sterling with the same award in 2009...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelzarrell/california-naacp-chief-calls-for-canceling-a-banquet-honorin

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

You're aware, of course, what a total freaking idiot you are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.