1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't bring black people to my games

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Warriors should boycott, too.

2. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

If Cuban gets hit with a $100,000 fine for questioning the refs, this guy needs a fine in the seven figures. Hit him where it hurts. That's the only thing he'll understand.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'd love for Doc Rivers to give a real interview about what he really thinks. He is probably too smart to do that, but it is a very difficult position. If he walks after this year, I guess we'd know.

Can the NBA force Stern to sell? I don't think they can, and as litigious as he is and as much as he enjoys being a horrible person, I don't see any attempt along those lines to go well. What they can do is fine him an amount that will get his attention ($5M or more) and tell him he avoids the fine if he sells.

Really, though, when they decided to ignore the court case with him refusing to rent to blacks or Latinos, they were saying they didn't care. Maybe they'll have the Clippers host an MLK Day game to make up for it.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

So we have news ... and ESPN isn't bothering with it? Shocking, I know ...

Fine him at least seven figures. We'll see how much punch Adam Silver packs.

5. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I can just see the KKK jumping on Sterling's bandwagon and showing up to games now.

Great going, Donald...

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

A player boycott ain't gonna happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of pressure put on Clipper season ticket holders to make a statement with their wallets this off season, particularly some of these celebrity types that have just recently discovered the Clippers after Paul and Griffin came to town. Is it fair to ask Billy Crystal if he really wants to put money in the racist scumbag's pockets? Yeah, I think it is.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/NBA-Investigates-TMZ-Report-Alleging-Clippers-Owner-Racist-Remarks-256836071.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_LABrand

And the money shot:

8. HanSenSE

WWL playing tape now ... what an ass.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

What in the goddamn motherfracking hell is the NAACP doing honoring Donald Sterling in the first place? Refusing to rent to "the blacks" because "they smell, they're not clean" wasn't enough of a lifetime disqualifier?

10. HanSenSE

Interesting ESPN replays "Inside the NBA" commentary ... way to take a stand, WWL!

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Too bad he couldn't find any articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking African-Americans.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Oh, I totally "own it". I'm not blaming anyone for anything. I've never tried to be less than honest about my beliefs or feelings. Nothing to feel any shame over.

I share the story simply in an attempt to explain, in some small way, why some people are how they are. Seems like you have encountered the same things. You made your choices; I made mine. I have found no reason why I would want to associate with minorities. Perhaps you have. We both "own it". I prefer to live in places without large minority populations. I like who I am; I hope you like yourself, too. Peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.