1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't bring black people to my games

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

The most concerning part of this story is Sterling's old wrinkly balls humping that 25 year old. I just don't know if I could do that for $2 billion.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Trolling waaay too hard.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yeah. That one was bad even for Mark. Makes you wonder if it's performance art or he really is that much of a bigot.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Performance art. Has to be. No one is this big of a moron.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

So if Sterling is racist (I have no idea), why does he have a Black/Mexican as a girlfriend/mistress? Doesn't make sense.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

A better question is if Sterling has a Black/Mexican as a girlfriend/mistress, why is he racist and doesn't want blacks at his games? Hmmmm ...

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Marge Schott doesn't understand why people are so pissed. :D

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Many years ago, when I had just begun a career as a collegiate sports information professional, I was subjected to all sorts of comments and even insults from friends and family members. Most of the basketball players were black and they were disappointed that I had lowered my standards to working with those people. Family gatherings got to be somewhat tense. After a couple of years, it was clear it just wasn't worth the grief and I needed to find a different career.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

she is cheaper than a white one and Sterling is more cheap than racist.

NBA needs to force him out or the Clippers will never get another African American free agent. Seriously, what self respecting African American would work for him now?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I believe it is time for us to ignore racist troll and keep our focus on an important sports story.

I don't know how the NBA moves forward without taking dramatic action against Sterling, for the league's reputation and because of the point 'yab raised.

11. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Blame your friends and family. Wow. Way to pass the buck.

My roots are in the rural South and northern England. Caucasian and working class, on both sides. I heard more racial, homophobic and even the occasional anti-Semitic slurs from grandparents, great-aunts, great-uncles, and some aunts, uncles and cousins than I care to remember. I decided THEY weren't worth the grief. Building a social and family circle without bigots is the best choice I ever made.

If you're going to be a bigot, own it. You've proven capable of it before.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Boycott isn't likely to happen, per Marcus Spears on teh Twitterz. NBA would just forfeit the game to the Warriors, wouldn't it? And, realistically, what can the NBA do? Fine him? Send him to his room without dessert?

IIRC, it took a palace revolt to oust Schott, one of the few times Selig did nothing and it worked out. But who is going to stand up to Sterling in the Clippers' organization,when Sterling holds all the cards and/or stock?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.