1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Don't bring black people to my games

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Is this why Blake Griffin is always shown side-view in team pictures?

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I'll believe him when he releases Griffin and signs Adam Morrison to a max contract.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/460097978464628736

4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

ESPN coming in hot with the story on SportsCenter at 1:17 p.m., over 12 hours after this thing broke. They talked about it for 30 seconds, then PLAYOFF HIGHLIGHTS.
    Quick, let's talk about the NFL!!!

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

What's the NBA's next move here? Ban him something along the lines of Marge Schott? Force sale?

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

My God, what a piece of shit Sterling is.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The NBA's best move would be to stall and let everyone who has ever heard or seen Sterling being racist find a microphone. I'm guessing it won't take too long. I take it Sterling has never had a problem being viewed as a scumbag, and would sell the team for a half-billion profit with a smile on his face.
    The thing is just odd. He doesn't have a problem with his lady-friend's ethnicity, but has a problem with her friends' ethnicity? Do his buddies give him shit about her hanging out with black people? And that's what bothers him?

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He doesn't want to sell. They've been trying to get him to sell for years and years. He loves being a big shot and having celebrities come to his games, which is why the league couldn't get him to move to Anaheim.

The NBA is in a fairly tough position here. He's absolutely an embarrassment to the league (and has been for ages), but they can't just force him to sell the team. Banning him from the building might work, but I don't know what exactly they can do in that regard.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

The hilarious part is this guy moved a team from San Diego to play in the LA Sports Arena, where they played for 15 years, and doesn't want people of color to attend his games.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Over something said in a private conversation?

Sheesh, people say things every day. Are we now somehow required to like certain types of people? (But, apparently it's fine to dislike certain others.)

Hell, I wouldn't want my SO to be taking pictures with them, either.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Wow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.